Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Georgia's just a state of mind

This is a new blog for a new girl.
I no longer have the feeling of a tied down "house wife". Searching to please, fighting for affection from everyone I meet, and always unsure of my next move.
I'm moving moving moving. Growing growing growing.

It's November again, a month of change. This time last year I was stretching my new found wings, entering into a new relationship, starting college, moving out, and experiencing adulthood firsthand. Since then I've learned a lot. I've had to say goodbye to my best and dearest friend. Sitting like a stone in that cold iron chair on our front porch, watching as the cherry red time machine drove away towards Florida, and better things. I have had my first broken heart, a heart I spent years protecting, a heart I have found can only be restored by the healing of Yahweh's touch. I have moved into an old 1940's duplex, complete with hardwood floors, crystal door knobs, and an ideal nook perfect to entertain the idea of a library. I have finally become the ideal student, straight A's and all. And I have been blessed enough to secure a job others would kill for, especially in this time of economical struggle.

Although my life these past six months has been as up and down as Georgia weather itself. Although I've experienced bitter, cold, and reluctant emotions for months at a time. Perfect swirls of autumn leaves and cinnamon sunshine have once again began to appear.
I am content.
I am happy.
I am moving forward.

God bless these, my next few steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment